Spine Related Chiropractic Care
Spine-related pain including back and neck pain, migraines, and sciatica can be debilitating, often leading to cancelled plans and missed work days. There are a variety of causes of spinal injuries and spine pain, and many people are living with the chronic pain related to these injuries every day. Pain does not–and should not–have to be a regular occurrence in your life.
Chiropractors provide pain relief and preventative care for a variety of spine-related pain. They use hands-on spinal manipulation, applied pressure, massage, and a variety of other holistic treatment methods to align the spine and surrounding structure. Proper alignment will relieve pain, provide mobility, and allow your body to heal.
Tune Chiropractic offers spine-related chiropractic care to relieve pain in a variety of areas. Our services can help relieve back pain, neck pain, headaches and migraines, sciatica, and more. Contact us today to schedule a visit.
Chiropractor for Back Pain
There are several reasons that your back could be in pain depending on your unique circumstances, including spine misalignment, disk derangement, joint compressions, and sports injuries. When you meet with a chiropractor, the first step is to figure out what the root cause of your pain is.
During your visit, we will evaluate your alignment, range-of-motion, muscle strength, and other factors to figure out the root cause of your pain. Once that is determined, you and your doctor can create a treatment plan to eliminate your pain and prevent any further pain from being caused.
Treatments for Back Pain
There are several methods that can be used to alleviate your back pain, depending on your specific situation. These treatments can include:
- Spinal manipulation: This involves applying pressure to specific areas of your back to adjust your spine. By manipulating the joints in your back, chiropractors can restore your movement abilities.
- Stretching: A chiropractor will be able to assist you in stretching the muscles in your back to improve the flexibility of your spine. They may also recommend stretches for you to continue after your appointment.
- Posture Improvements: If your posture is contributing to your back pain, a chiropractor can help you to improve your posture over time to relieve this pain.
- Recommendations for Physical Activity: A chiropractic treatment plan includes more than just the in-office adjustments, but can also include factors in your everyday life that may be contributing to your pain. Your doctor may recommend additional physical activity or even specific exercises to improve your back muscles and overall health.
Chiropractic Treatment for Migraines & Headaches
If you suffer from migraines or frequent headaches, chiropractic care might not be your first thought for treatment. However, chronic headaches are often caused by muscle tension in the neck, shoulders, and back. These areas are prone to tight, overworked muscles, especially if you spend large amounts of time doing a sedentary activity such as sitting at a desk. You may also be experiencing tense muscles because of an injury or your posture.
A chiropractor is able to relieve tension in those muscles to provide you with pain relief, and they can also make recommendations to lessen or prevent future headaches from occurring.
Treatments for Migraines and Headaches
Because the pain in your head stems from the overworked muscles in your neck, shoulders, and back, a chiropractor is able to treat these areas of your body to relieve pain. Our goal is to not only temporarily relieve the pain, but to create a long-term solution for you that will prevent additional headaches in the future. To do this, your doctor will focus on spinal manipulation to realign your spine, as well as working the muscles and tendons to loosen any remaining tightness.
For migraines, in addition to spinal manipulation and muscle massage, your chiropractor may focus on two of the upper cervical vertebrae which have been shown to relieve migraine symptoms.
Chiropractor for Neck Pain
Seeking chiropractic care for neck pain is relatively common. Neck pain, like back pain, can stem from many causes including injury, accidents, osteoarthritis, as well as everyday factors like posture or stress. To determine your specific cause of pain, your chiropractor will evaluate your spine’s alignment, as well as observe posture, movement, and overall physical condition. The cause of your neck pain will determine your treatment plan.
Treatments for Neck Pain
Depending on your unique circumstances, a chiropractor could use spinal manipulation, manual therapy, electrical stimulation, or a combination of these and other techniques. Some common treatment options include:
- Neck Adjustment: This treatment option involves applying pressure to the joints of the neck to better align the neck with the spine. This can help relieve pain, as well as improve head mobility.
- Manual Joint Stretching and Resistance: Your doctor will help you with specific stretches designed to elongate the joints in the neck, allowing for more flexibility that may have been damaged in an injury or accident.
- Light Muscle Massage: This treatment can help relieve pain in tight neck muscles that are holding tension. A common cause of neck pain is stressed, overworked muscles, and this method is great for relieving that pain.
In addition to these treatment techniques, your chiropractor can also recommend changes to your lifestyle that can improve the pain, like proper posture or an increase in physical exercise.
Chiropractic Treatment for Sciatica
Sciatica is caused by nerve compression and irritation of the sciatic nerve. The pain can differ from person to person, but is usually associated with a toothache-like pain that radiates from the lumbar and pelvic regions of the back. The pain can often extend from your lower back all the way to your toes.
Sciatica pain can come and go and, for many people, feels like a pain that has to be lived with. However, chiropractors are trained to treat sciatica pain and provide long-term relief. In fact, the longer that sciatica goes untreated, the worse the pain can become.
Treatments for Sciatica
The time that it takes to treat sciatica can vary from person to person. You may experience relief from your first treatment session or it may take a few appointments with your doctor, but sciatica can be treated.
There are a variety of treatment methods that can be used, including:
- Ice/Cold therapy: This treatment method helps to reduce the inflammation in your lower back and relieve your sciatica pain.
- Spinal Manipulation: Making adjustments to your spine can help realign vertebrae in your back that cause the irritation to your nerves. This will eliminate your inflammation, pain, and other sciatica symptoms.
Contact Tune Chiropractic for Spine-Related Chiropractic Care Today
Tune Chiropractic strives to provide you with long-term solutions for your spine pain. We will work with you to determine the root cause of your pain and to create a custom treatment plan to eliminate pain and improve your overall health.
Contact us today to learn more.